Thursday, May 19, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}


{pretty}

We made fairy gardens a little while ago.  They really deserve their own post, but it hasn't happened yet, so...This is Sophie's before the wind and the cats destroyed it.  It WAS very pretty.


{happy}

 Sasha inexplicably fell sound asleep at 4:45 the other night, leaving Sophie as an only child for the evening.  Oh, the novelty!  We decided that she should have a special bubble bath in Mama's tub with no big sister around to steal all the bubbles.  She was pretty pumped.  (And, I would just like to add, having only one child at bedtime is SO EASY.  Goodness.)

{funny}


Sophie's new favorite expression is "I mean it, Punk!"  And this is how she looks when she says it.  I know that I should Not encourage this sort of thing, but she's 2 feet high and it's so funny.


{real}


Not long ago, I spent several days potting dozens of garden seedlings for what I believed was going to be Anthony's spring hobby.  Upon completion of said project, I erroneously thought that my part was done.  Apparently I was also supposed to be in charge of watering them and keeping them alive.  (Sigh.)  I will be catching flack about this for years to come. 


                    ~capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~




round button chicken

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, the Punk comment is pretty hilarious. Good luck hiding that smile!

    And the fairy garden? LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it is so good that you did plant them, they grew... some day you will do it all over again to have them actually make it! But if you had never even done it you would not be that much further ahead! Baby steps are some times all we can offer knowing that time maybe on our side... (future hopes) I love that you had a vision and went for it! most of the time we don't get past the dream..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love that Bad Girl expression! My little one isn't talking too much yet, but I always look forward to the funny things that come out of toddler mouths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abby! I love that you're linking up with {phfr} at LMLD (whoa, too many initials).

    LOVE the "I mean it, Punk." Hilarious!

    Oh when will our paths cross in real life again? Sigh. Someday, I hope!

    ReplyDelete