Wednesday, May 11, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

                                      ~capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~


 {pretty}


Anthony and the girls surprised me with two beautiful baskets of petunias for Mother's Day. 

                                                                           {happy}


Sasha being perfectly happy wearing a new dress and having her hair french braided by Grandma Ruby, all while reading her new I Can Read It book.  A perfectly happy mama snaps the picture.

                                                                             {funny}
                                                 

After getting her ball in the net, Sasha needed a little rest.  In the middle of the field, in the middle of play.  I suggested that next time the sidelines might be a more prudent place for a mid-game nap.


                                                                              {real}


There was a lot of broken crockery this week.  Sophie broke the lid to Sasha's best china tea pot.  Mama broke Sophie's brand new glass with the cow on it.  Sasha broke Mama's willow bowl.  Lots of tears all around.




round button chicken

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week all around! I love the picture with Ruby! This is life, this is schooling at home, you are fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the picture of the mid-game nap! Little kids' soccer games are the most fun!

    Thanks for linking up!
    --Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, that's definitely "real." I'm convinced the kids are on a mission to destroy all the Pfaltzgraff we received for wedding presents (in a pattern now retired and thus expensive to replace). ;) However, I broke the most recent article. On Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all your pictures! I'm sorry about the bowl. I collect blue and white transferware, so I'm mourning its loss with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love catching my kids reading! Sorry about the broken items, it happens to all of us, unfortunately :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son used to nap like that during his flag football games! His coach didn't especially care for that. Sorry for your broken crockery! My seven year old just broke the last of my mugs my sister bought me in Japan.

    ReplyDelete